Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
What makes us stand out from the rest? Let us give you one example!
Outstanding Sales Performance Award given at SERVPRO 50th convention sits proudly on Dan Kelly's desk
SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenberg County has won many awards in the past, but this one we are super proud of! Recently we received this award at SERVPRO's 50th convention located in Sacramento, California. Our owner, Dan Kelly, was one of the many recognized for having outstanding sale services provided to the community. What makes us different you ask? Here at SERVPRO North Central Mecklenberg County we go above and beyond the company's slogan "Like it Never happened". We have highly skilled professionals in and out of the office that will make sure you are happy and satisfied once your project is completed! Would you like to see first hand on how we operate? Give us a call at 704-596-9700 and let us show you why SERVPRO is the right choice for you.
Dont forget those pipes!!
Pipes outside of your house can look like this during the winter if not properly taken care of!
Sometimes we forget that our pipes are just as important as any other season preparation for our homes or business properties. Here at SERVPRO North Central Mecklenburg County, we are the people to call when this happens! Before the summer ends, we have a few quick tips to make sure you avoid your pipes from bursting as well as getting them ready for Autumn!
- Wrap outside faucets
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house
- Disconnect garden hoses
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run, if the temperature drops below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving home for several days.
Call SERVPRO today for all of your restoration needs at 704-596-9700!
Summer Time in Charlotte
Summer has came along once more and your local SERVPRO of North Mecklenberg County is here to provide some quick tips!
- Hydrate in Advance- Try to prepare your body by drinking plenty of fluids beforehand. Of course on those days you will need to stay extra hydrated, but having your body prepared for the amount of sweat it will be giving off is a start to staying cool!
- Dress for the heat- Some days we dont remind ourselves that we can stay cooler by simply wearing the right gear. Sun hats, UPF 50 shirts, etc are some of our favorites to keep around for these hot days!
- Reduce heat by setting up a misting system- While this obliviously doesn't cool down the temperature of the air, this does help to keep your skin moistened and cool you down by evaporating. You can make most of these systems for about $15.
- Set up a shade Canopy- For those cookouts, pool parties, or even just social gatherings. The better shade you have from the sun, the more you can enjoy these events comfortably.
- But all in all, have some summer fun! There are so many places around Charlotte to spend with your family to stay cool!
Why SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County?
As many of you know working in different job fields the behind the scenes often goes unnoticed. A year and a half ago I- Nichole began working for SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County. Working in the office has always seemed easy to me. For years I worked in higher education, but this has been different. SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County isn't just a "job" to me. Why SERVPRO some might ask? Well, it all starts with community, communication, and customer service. SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County has showed me how important it is to get involved with the customers. Many places of employment people are often simply just a number. The first week on the job it was great to see how personal the office staff and production teams can get. When I say personal NOOOO not being nosey, but just checking on the customers. A simple call, Hello this is Nichole from SERVPRO I just wanted to check on you. We have been doing some work at your home how are things going. Yeah it seems little, but it goes a long way. Not only is customer service and communication a big factor for SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County, but community. I have never worked for a company that the owner loves to support local businesses, schools and all about bettering the area. When someone asks me where I am employed or what makes our franchise different from the rest, I have so many things to share and for that alone I know this is where I am supposed to be.
Sign In for Continuing Education Class
Here at SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County we value learning and education. Dealing with restoration and construction there are always changes to rules and guidelines. Rules and guidelines don't just change for those completing the work, but standards change for insurance companies as well. April 26, 2019 we hosted a continuing education class at Davidson College. The topic of this class was Fire and Property Damage. The attendees of this class were insurance agents, adjusters, relators, and some of our very own technicians and supervisors. This class was a great learning experience to all and it was a great way for insurance adjusters to get education credits to keep license up and our technicians to stay certified with the IICRC. When people say WHY SERVPRO this is just one of many reasons.