We at SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenberg County want to help you prepare for Hurricane Season
-Make sure you have bottled water, a first aid kit, flashlights, a battery-powered radio, non-perishable food items, blankets, clothing, prescription drugs, eyeglasses, personal hygiene supplies, and a small amount of cash or traveler's checks.
- Take proactive steps to protect your property from loss. Install storm shutters or cover windows prior to a hurricane. Be sure there is no loose siding on your home and no damaged or diseased trees growing over your home.
- Take an inventory of your personal property, such as clothes, jewelry, furniture, computers and audio/video equipment. Photos and video of your home, as well as sales receipts and the model and the serial numbers of items, will make filing a claim simpler, leave a copy of your inventory with friends or relatives, email it to yourself, and/or store it in a safe location. In addition, add insurance information to your inventory information- the name of your company and agent, policy number and contact information.
- Move all of your important documents to a safe location. Take them with you when you evacuate or store them in a safe deposit box outside the area.
- Make a plan for your pets. Not all emergency shelters will take pets. Check with your local veterinarian for help with plan.
- Review your insurance coverage. What does your insurance policy cover? What does it exclude? The standard homeowners' insurance policy does not cover flood damage. Check if your policy covers debris removal and sewer back-up.
Above all else, stay safe!