Ways to Prevent Kitchen Fires
House fires happen year around. Kitchen fires are number 1 on the list of leading causes of house fires. The kitchen is an area of the house that is used daily, but can be the most dangerous. There are a few safety tips SERVPRO of North Central Mecklenburg County would like to share with you. Next time you are in the kitchen try to do the following:
1) Pull back your hair and roll up your shirt sleeves to keep them away from cooking services
2) Keep children and animals away from cooking surfaces.
3) Use kitchen time so you know when food is done.
4) Check and make sure the stove top and oven are completely off when exiting the kitchen.
5) Keep a lid close by when you are cooking to smother small fires.
6) Keep pot holders, towels, paper towels away from the stove top.
7) When using cooking oil don't leave the kitchen and be very attentive.
These are things we often forget about, but can cause a kitchen fire quickly.